Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Session Report March 26 2008 - Look Ma, we built a castle!

Pillars of the Earth - Collin, Beth, Dana, Pete - Winner Dana


-- fineltour won the game super. The victory was with 46 points. (59:57 min.)
Pete 39
Beth 35
Collin 33

That played Really quick! Very nice! I really think we should play this game more. I had a bit of trouble remembering everything, so I just built stuff for vps as much as I could, and upgraded workers along the way. I got stuck with endgame showing up before I expected it.

Dana played a nice 3 gold (6x) for 1vp. Then sold off his metal reserves at the market to clean up in end game vps.

Beth really had some excellent placement strategies. She always seemed to be plopping her master builders down where I wanted to go.

Collin complained on master builder draws, and something about being stupid in the end game. I didn't see it!

This was fun!

Looks like everyone's COW beta test accounts have expired to regular free accounts. You can play Catan there, but that's about it. The Beta test is shutting down, so this is not surprising.

The cow is about 8 bucks a month right now. I can't see the VBGG members subscribing. We're pretty happy with the Free games we are playing now, yes?

Pete played a brutal game of Diplomacy online the other week. Anyone up for web-based diplomacy? 1 turn a day, 0 on weekends?

No comments: