Tuesday, May 27, 2008

If I could only ACQUIRE some time!

Greetings!

Nice Gaming up at Camp Greenwood over the weekend. The casual gamer crowd greatly enjoyed Bhonanza, For Sale, and BANG! The gaming geeks got a couple games of standard Settlers of Catan in, with some impressive wins in close games. Fun was had by all!


I had good fortune to play Acquire over the weekend as well. A highly rated game at the geek, and a old standard, so I hear. The camp director gave me the camp copy that had never been played. Probably has been sitting there for years.

It's even Game #5 at the geek, and currently ranked #56.

Now check this out:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=gleemaxgames

They have:
  • Acquire
  • Robo Rally
  • Axis and Allies
  • Vegas Showdown
  • Guillotine
They are currently in Alpha testing, but I read that the games are solid.

So, we should be playing these while it's still free.

Anyone up for some new games online?

Unfortunately, I will be studying for my Cisco certification exam that is on Thursday this week, so I'm afraid you will have to count me out for yet another week. Then, this weekend, I'm off to Brooklyn for a few days, flying back next Wednesday night.

Just when will I be back!?!

Who knows... Ask me after my my test is done. That's all I can think about!

No comments: